Thursday, August 20, 2009

Homecoming


We've had a lot of good days this summer, but July 6th takes the cake.  That's the day my parents came home from serving a 3 year mission in Australia.  I can't even tell you how hard it was to have them so far away for so long.  It didn't matter how long they were gone, or how used to it I was, I would periodically tear up in the middle of the day because I was so lonely for them.  So reuniting brought with it sweet jubilation.  

Max was totally pumped up for his grandparents to come home.  Grandma rode in our car home from the airport and Max talked her ear off.  He was especially excited to sing his "Grandma Song" for her from the kid's CD she sent the grandkids.  It starts out: "I have a friend who's just pretend, and you can't see... but my little friend is real to me."  I know, sad commentary.  Anyway, he was a different child than the one who came to visit her in Australia.  Of course it helps not to be 12 hours off schedule and having just endured a 33 hour trip.   

No comments: