Thursday, May 21, 2009

Big Winner

I don't want to brag but.... Abram has entered I don't know how many fantasy footbal leagues over the past 7 years that we've known each other.  He's never won.  

This year he and I entered a fantasy American Idol league and... I won!  The whole thing!  Can you believe it?  So now I have $350 I get to spend any way I like.  So I would like some imput from you, dear readers.  How should I spend my moola?  Here are some ideas...

  1. Pay someone to watch the kids for a weekend while Abram and I go to Lake Michigan (this would obviously take a little extra cash, but might be worth it).
  2. Buy some Kitchen stuff I've wanted/needed for a while - rice cooker, dutch oven, crepe pan, you get the idea.  (This may seem really lame to some of you, but It would be a little like Christmas shopping for me).
  3. An iphone
What do you think?

15 comments:

KA said...

Hallelujah that Kris won. And the iPhone.

Kristin Mulrooney said...

I vote iPhone.

Owens D.C. said...

Hands down number one! Number two could all be on your Christmas list or used with Bed Bath and Beyond 20 percent coupons that are always in the mail. Number three is the surprise gift Abram gives you on your weekend away :)

I picked him too and would have won as well!

Melanie said...

Heavens. This is a no-brainer. Kitchen goods for sure.

sterlingandbrandi said...

I think you need a Downie-esque poll to decide this conundrum. But I vote for the trip - memories and time is always better than stuff! Always!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Poll! Poll!!! You know I love polls, as Brandi said. But I think you should get all the kitchen stuff. SO fun!

Jana said...

First, I say spend it on anything you want AND take a weekend away. Why limit yourself? :)

xóchitl said...

did you really call it? i can never do that, so i've never been in your position to spend cash prizes.

i would take the trip, but i know how you like your kitchen stuff. i'm curious how you will choose.

wait, lake michigan? are you guys going to Camp Blodgett this summer? Barrett left or Barrett right?

Janie said...

Good Job!! I would totally go to Lake Michigan with the cash.

Delsa said...

Save it until I get home and we will go someplace. Oh, just realized you might want me to be the babysitter.

kesli said...

Congrats on winning. I can't remember of ever winning anything in my life. And you got cash! What a bonus. I would choose the trip. Have fun with whatever you decide to use it on.

Bassett said...

kitchen stuff, duh!

Photographer said...

Go to Lake Michigan. Only viable option in my opinion.

Shauri said...

I'm with mom, let's take that girls trip to NYC you didn't get to do before cause you were saving money....

If that's a no-go, then I say it's a draw. Memories are great and last forever, but so does a good kitchen knife. And you get to experience the joy time and time again. Or so you told me.

This is the problem with free money. Decisions.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bahaya-tidur-dengan-rambut-basah