Monday, May 11, 2009

Getting Ready


This is the dress Aviva wore to church last week.  It is not however, the first dress she wore that day.  I was really on top of my game and had her ready to go at least a half hour before it was time to leave.  Hair done, face clean, onsie on, dress on, shoes on...  I was feeling really good about myself.  

In the midst of my satisfaction I looked over at her and she was peeing on the carpet.  What?  I was so confused.  How could she be peeing on the carpet?  I grabbed her and realized that I missed one important getting ready step:  diaper on.  

Really, what is wrong with me?

7 comments:

sterlingandbrandi said...

The second dress is really cute though - where did you get it?

EFN Newsletter said...

I bought it from an Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5346066&order=&section_id=&page=1

Elizabeth said...

Yep, that is pretty bad remembering. I LOVE that dress though!

Delsa said...

Maybe you thought it was time to potty train her and if you left the diaper off she would do it on her own. (or at least wishful thinking)

xóchitl said...

i love that she was peeing on Delsa's carpet.

i don't think there's anything wrong with you. it seems to me that the stars aligned for her to wear that ridiculously adorable dress to church. i'm so checking out that site.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

Man that is one cute back-up dress! That is such a great mothering moment:) Thanks for sharing...you make me feel normal:)

P.S. Did you make your stacked enchiladas for Cinco de Mayo? I love those. So much.