Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day


For Mother's Day the Alice Springs missionaries made us dinner, said nice things they appreciated about us (which was impressive and creative since they've only known me for a couple days), and gave us these wonderful aboriginal paintings done by Colleen, one of the members in that area. It was wonderful. As much as I appreciated hearing the nice things they said about me, hearing what they had to say about my mom and about Lisa's mom (her parents are serving a mission in Alice Springs and working on this amazing literacy project everyone is very excited about) made my night.

I was really touched by what they said. As hard as it has been to have my parents leave, I wouldn't change a thing because I know what a difference they have made in so many peoples lives. I feel like if I have been so greatly blessed to have them as parents, I would be ungrateful if I wasn't willing to share them with the rest of the world.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

I just love those Alice Springs missionaries so much! And I love the pictures of our moms, made me feel like I was there, thanks!

Kristin Mulrooney said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day Kristin. I am so glad you were able to celebrate the day with your mom.

Aly said...

I'm loving reading about your trip and have been alternately touched and laughed out loud. I mean, a slippery kiss, imagining Abram putting up with a truly high maintenance Oldham girl, and Abram's sexy hat! I wish I could visit Bob and Delsa too.

p.s. Aaron is engaged and shockingly there were no Quinns there to witness it!

Arah Debra said...

I glad you were able to be with my mommy on Mothers Day. I'm with you, it's been hard having them gone, but when you have such great parents you'd be crazy not to share them.

sterlingandbrandi said...

whoa. Lisa looks just like her mom!