Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

Emily Scarborough recently gathered a bunch of friends' recipes and sent them back out to everyone. She didn't put people's names with the recipes, so I don't know to whom I should give this credit, but the other day I may Bruschetta Chicken Bake and people, I am telling you, this recipe is for you. And by people I mean you Kristen. It is very rare that I find a recipe that is both easy enough and tasty enough to make it into my weekday meals rotation, but this baby is a winner. No complicated ingredients, no marinating ahead of time, lots of cheese... it's got everything. So here it is. Make it tonight.
P.S. Abram told me that this recipe should be called Baked Chicken Bruschetta because Bruschetta Chicken Bake sounds like it should be wrapped in a bread pouch and sold at Costco.

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water or chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.
PLACE chicken (I brown my chicken first) in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

9 comments:

KA said...

Bless Emily Scarborough and bless you. I will not make this tonight b/c I am going to my mother-in-law's for dinner. I will, however, make it tomorrow night in spite of the fact that nothing before in my life has ever convinced me to enjoy stove top stuffing. I figure, if you can buy a Mac, I can try your chicken. Plus, the 2 cups of mozza sweeten the pot quite a bit.

And b/c this comment is clearly not long enough yet, I will also say that I wish you would post about what has made the cut to your weekday meals rotation. Just a list will do, and then I will contact you on a case by case basis as to which recipes I would appreciate via email.

PS: Abram's costco wittiness was not overlooked and was, in fact, thoroughly appreciated.

Whit said...

Love yummy things to make, especailly when you trust the person who said it was yummy. Thanks!

xóchitl said...

YUM-O

Lisa said...

Thank you! I have to take dinner to someone tomorrow and now I know what I'm making!

Melanie said...

Can't wait to try it - I second the other comment asking for a list of those meals that has made your rotation. I will gladly put them right into my rotation, no questions asked.

KA said...

Your bake is in my oven as I type. And smelling delicious so far, I might add.

Lisa said...

I baked this tonight, tasty. Funny though, turns out the recipe comes from the back of the Stove Top box.

EFN Newsletter said...

Shut up! That is so funny. Well, who ever tries the back of the box huh? And Kristen, I'm really nervous because if you don't like stove top I'm not so sure you're going to love this as much as me. But Cece, if you're out there, I know this is for you you stove top lover you.

KA said...

No worries--I loved it. So did Jon. He gave it a 9 out of 10 and I think that is only b/c I went a little crazy with the garlic (you said 2 cloves so I sure threw 3 in there b/c I couldn't help myself). Anyway, I love trying a food I think I hate only to discover that it's not bad after all. I recently did this with red peppers. See how I'm expanding as a person?