Compiling this list made me think about one of my favorites gifts Shauri gave me. She had a graphic designer at work put together a cookbook called Delsa's Delights. At the beginning of each chapter she put a funny family story involving food. One that was cracking me up today is about Kerry Ebert (Shawn's friend) and Jeneral Bruce (Travis's friend), both of whom spent an inordinate amount of time at our house. I suppose that is why their story made it to the family stories.
Anyway, Kerry had this stupid joke he would sometimes tell that went like this:
"What do a chicken and a grape have in common?" When the person finally gave up he'd say, "They're both purple except for the chicken."
One day he asked Jeneral, "What do a chicken and a grape have in common?" Jeneral paused and replied in all seriousness, "They bof juicy."
Now there's a genius who slipped through the cracks if I ever did see one.
I put these in approximate order of how often I make them (a combination of easiness and tastiness).
- Stacked Enchiladas
- Fiesta Salad
- Taco Soup
- Lemon Alfredo Pasta w/ Asparagus
- California Chicken marinade
- Brown Sugar Pork Loin
- Roast (I use leftovers for beef tacos)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Paula Dean's Spaghetti Sauce
- Chicken Cashew
- Crock Pot Chicken Continental
- Buschetta Chicken
- Sundried Tomato Artichoke Pasta
- Barbeque Spareribs
- Flank Steak Marinade
- Chicken Florentine (or as Abram lovingly refers to it, Amy's Delight)
- Southwestern Chicken Pockets and Black Bean Salsa
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Peanut Chicken Kabobs
- BBQ Beef Brisket
- Goat Cheese Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Honey Chicken
- Beef Brocolli
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Beef Stroganoff