Saturday, February 2, 2008

If Miss Norway Could See Him Now...


We found out today what Max's destiny will be...  to become a professional hockey player.  Well, that or Olympic figure skater, but I didn't mention the later to Abram.  

Aida, Kristin and Jamie invited us to go ice skating with them and if I'm honest, I was a little skeptical.  I figured we would get there, he would fall, cry, get cold, and want to come home.  But no!  We had a fabulous time.  Max didn't fall at all - thanks to a big white bucket he clung on to for dear life.  And no thanks to the skating prowess of either of his parents.  

In fact, Abram and I argued on the way there who should skate with him.  I told Abram I hadn't skated since I was Max's age, and he told me the last time he skated was in college when he asked a Norwegian girl out.  She promptly ended it after seeing his moves on the ice.   Why he decided this would be a good thing to do with a girl who practically comes from the North Pole, I'm not sure, but I digress.    

The point is, Max was in heaven the whole time.  Nothing but big grins and a couple commands of "faster!"  Who knew it would be such a hit?  So besides my aching legs, I'm so glad we went and can't wait to go again. 



7 comments:

Kristin Mulrooney said...

We are so delighted that we got to be a part of this fun outing. Max is a natural, maybe skating skills just skipped a generation.

Shauri said...

Abram--are you dropping pounds or what? You like a svelte Norwegian figure skater yourself.

Unknown said...

Shauri, you must be trying to get me to post more often on your blog, between the compliments and the politics. Well it's working. Keep the compliments coming!

Jana said...

That looks so fun. I have been scared to try it with my boys, but since you loved it so much, I guess I will.

Melanie said...

You are officially the funnest family I know.

Delsa said...

I can tell that is a favorite sport for Abram. Who would not love skating around bent over Max. Were you able to straighten up at the end of the event?

Jeff and Larissa said...

That looks so fun! I've been wanting to go here, but Beck probably needs to walk before we try skating. :)