Friday, April 25, 2008

Another Reason to Love the Midwest

We went out to dinner tonight. Max, Abram and I each got a meal and I got a drink. The bill came to $31. After tip.

I don't think our bill came to less than $40 once in Alexandria. My grocery bill last week was 2/3 what it has been for the past couple years.

At this rate Abram will be sipping his diet root beer in his skipper cap on a boat in no time. Pay cut, shmay cut. Well, it might be an inflatable row boat on the golf course's pond, but it will be a boat none the less.

7 comments:

Jana said...

You are hilarious!!! Every time I read you blog I am laughing out loud. Jason usually has to come in to see what I am laughing at. And I love the last post too. That is too funny.

Mar said...

lucky you! But was it as good as Carlyle?

EFN Newsletter said...

Stop trying to bring me down Marianne!

Rain in My Head said...

I'm with Mar. . did it really compare to the bread pudding and ribs? ;) Just don't forget us kay?

Sandy said...

your previous post was hilarious!! I swear I am constantly reading about (or seeing pictures of) Abram carrying grow men around!! I'm talking about the piggy back around easter time or something. And I must say that I am extremely jealous of your new found cost of living...there's nothing inexpensive about where we are that's for sure :-(

Amy said...

You're living the high life! Roommates...cheap dinner...jet setting. We sure miss you here.

Val said...

What the.....I had to go back in the archives and read that you were moving to michigan and why. It has obviously been a while since I have read the blog. Sorry...no time. There is a reason I don't blog. Anyway...WOW. We miss you guys and hope all goes well. Come see us!