I was so disappointed with last night's finale I don't even want to talk about it. But I will. Last years show was fantastic so I was expecting more of the same (especially since the dancers this year are supposed to be more professional than last year) and I didn't get it. Mostly I blame it on the choreography. So here's what I think:
- Sabra and Neil's hip hop: Terrible. I could hardly watch it. In fact I think I covered my eyes a few times with the pillow so I didn't have to watch Neil's faces. He did make me laugh with his comment about Shane telling him he had to be sexy and Neil responding, that's like telling Nigel to be British.
- Lacey and Danny's waltz: I thought it was great. Beautiful
- Lacey and Sabra's jazz: Lacey did all right. I thought Sabra did a fantastic job. At this point I was really sad though because I really don't think Sabra's going to win even though she's been so consistent throughout the season.
- Danny and Neil's contemporary: It was good. That's it. It definitely did not deserve all of the praise the judges gave it. And as for choreography, it wasn't even close to the park bench dance last year.
- Neil and Lacey's Lindy Hop: Horrible. I understand it's a hard dance, but it just looked terrible. It's too bad because it could have been a hit for Neil, but Lacey looked way too awkward with her lifts.
- Danny and Sabra's Cha-Cha: Best dance of the night. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.
Well, it feels good to get that out there. Did I mention I am supremely disappointed and dissatisfied with last night's show? Thank goodness for blogs so I can rant and rave to my heart's content.