Saturday, July 5, 2008

Generators and Entertainment

There were severe thunderstorms on Wednesday night and I was reminded of one of the biggest perks of living in my parents house while they're living abroad: a massive generator.  There's nothing like seeing the lights flicker, looking out the window to see all the lights off in all the houses in the neighborhood, and then feeling the air conditioning kick back on.  Yessss.

So Thursday, since her power was still out, Elizabeth E. (not to be confused with Elizabeth HH D.) came over to use the kitchen so she could get everything ready for a baby shower that night.  Max and Collin played amazingly well.  We kept commenting on how we couldn't believe we hadn't had to break up any fights.  

Well, an hour later we came down to see this:

And I don't have a photo, but the same mess is on the other side of the couch.  For a second I started to get riled up, but then I realized I would definitely take the mess for a couple hours of peace.  

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Wait, Elizabeth HH D!? Well, I guess it's a better nickname than Eliza_ _ _ _. ;)