Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things


This is one of those posts I've debated about writing because again I would be exposing my poor parenting skills to the world. But I hate to keep a good story a secret...

The other night we were at Shawn and Lisa's playing Mario Kart. All the kids and adults were gathered around watching and taking turns. I let my competitive juices get flowing even though I am brand new at the game. Bad decision, since I'm no good. I finally got so frustrated I threw my controller on the ground and yelled, "I hate this crap!" Not missing a beat, Max responded, "I hate this crap too mama!"

Not my proudest moment, but it still makes me laugh.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Hahahaha! I love it. He is such a cute and funny kid.

RicAnn said...

I feel you on that :) I catch myself saying things all the time.

We need to get together again soon. McDonald's sound good?

Janie said...

At least he's taking your side. Look for the positive.

KA said...

Oh honey, it could have been much, much worse.

Owens D.C. said...

You don't even want to know what Victoria said at five months that is a four letter word. It was her third word and it could have been a fluke and we're thankful she only said it once, but who knew kids would say something so early. Anyway, thanks for sharing and it's nothing we've all haven't done ourselves :) I love the Christmas picture....really great!

Shauri said...

Sheesh- when you finally post you don't mess around! Thanks for all these stories they make me happy to come back. I had a nightmare last night that aviva didn't recognize me. It's going to be tragic.

Byron said...

Those darn kids that always have to be soaking in what we do and say. Too much pressure! That's a great story, way to keep it real!

Delsa said...

So you are still human. Whew! I was afraid you had become the perfect Mom by now.

John and Ryan said...

Well at least you don't swear but that was not my proudest moment as a mommy. By the way, I updated our blog with pictures of soccer!

xóchitl said...

my kids have said worse.

Jana said...

LOL!!!!! I love the competitive Quinns!!!